This policy explains what cookies are, how Angelic Mamas uses them on our websites and what you can do to manage how they are used.
Cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
- Continuously improve our website for you.
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do).
How long do cookies last?
When a web server sends a cookie, it asks your browser to keep that particular cookie until a certain date and time. These dates can be:
- Some date in the future – which might be a few minutes or a few hours from now (to track something like your shopping cart in an online store). The cookie might expire many years in the future, to keep track of your browser for a long time.
- When you close your browser – this is called a session cookie, the next time you start your browser these will have vanished.
- Some date in the past – this is how the server asks a browser to remove a previously-stored cookie.
Our own cookies
Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions.
Allowing you to add comments to our site.
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
Advertising or targeting cookies
These types of cookies are used to deliver adverts which will be more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are normally placed by advertising networks with the Trust’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Targeting or advertising cookies will often be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
We use ‘Advertising’ cookies on our website to:
Link to social networks, like Facebook, who may use information to provide targeted advertising to you on other websites.
Used to identify that you have visited a Woodland Trust website, to show you relevant adverts from us.
Provide advertising networks with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social website cookies
So you can easily ‘Like’ or ‘Share’ our content on social network sites, we have sharing buttons on our site from:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.